Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Visit From Grandma and Grandpa Skinner


First off we went to the Iditarod... An annual dogsled race. It was fun to see and they even had a carnival going on... A bunch of kids in full on snow suits going on rides... we skipped out on that part.




Then off to the NORTH POLE to see where Santa lives. After a 6 hour drive we were so sad to see a CLOSED sign on the door. It was closed the two days we were there. But Cole didnt know any different so I made it exciting that we got to see his reindeer and the outside of the house.... Santa was on vacation!





Then we went to the ice park... they had slides made of ice, tunnels and mazes for the kids to climb through, and spinning saucers... VERY COOL! They also had lots of cool ice sculptures everywhere.... it was AMAZING!







Here is Aliyah peeking through a little ice tunnel. This girl wanted to walk and do everything there. Cole was the lazy one who rode on a little sled the whole time. It was a blast.

13 comments:

Mandy said...

That is SO cute Linz. I talked to your mom the other day and she was telling me about the North Pole! I told Isaiah and he was SO jealous! How lucky you guys are to be up there and for your children to see that! Well girlfriend I miss you and miss those kids and wanna see ya soon!

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! that sounds like such a fun weekend and i am glad your kids got to hang out with their grandma and grandpa. it sure looks cold burr!

Chell said...

AS I was reading this and looking at the pictures I kept thinkg BURR, and COLD!!! but it does look like it was a lot of fun. Little ali is such an adventurer!!

Britney said...

Oh...how nice! He looks like your FIL doing well. I'm glad they could come.

But, how sad that you drove for 6 hours and the North Pole was CLOSED! You are always such a good sport!

Cute pictures!

E n D said...

How fun! I bet the Iditarod was cool and seriously, how many people get to see where Santa lives (even if he is on vacation)?

Kori said...

Looks so fun. Visits from Grandpas and Grandmas are the best!

heidi said...

those ice sculptures look amazing, what a fun place to visit. too bad santa was on vacation, i have to admit, i'm jealous of him.

Stephanie said...

well all i can say is the NOrth Pole! Wow not many people ever get to go there. The dog race sounds cool too. Lots of amazing things in Alaska to experience that none of us ever will.

The Perry family said...

Since when does Santa take vacation? Well, his elves should've at least been there. When you mention the dog sled race, Iron Will came to mind. COOL!
And cool ice land!

Michelle C said...

OH mercy! Does that snow ever melt. I won't tell you that we're in the 60's this week. Looks like a good time at the dog race though. Fun that you had some company. Cute kiddos. Love the hair do on that baby!

Krystal said...

Wow does it look cold! Too cold for me... Looks like the kids are having a lot of fun with Grandma and Grandpa. It's nice that they can come and see you guys. I bet they love it too! How did Mr. B do with the cold? I know he is not a fan. Who ever thougth they would make a park out of ice. I've really seen it all... And then Santa's house that would be fun!

Cathie said...

That is awesome! Bummer that Santa wasn't home, but what a neat adventure. The last picture is priceless!

Alexis Blackner said...

I can't believe how big your kids are getting. How fun to have family visit. I don't know about you but I SO look forward to it when you live far away.