Usually my blog is about my kids and what they are doing. But today I want to write down some New Year's resolutions and so I can look back and see if I fail miserably or accomplish them!
1. Read the scriptures every day. This is one that always helps my life so much when I stick with it. Even if what Im reading isnt applying to my life at the time, I always feel closer to the Savior through studying and praying.
2. Enjoy the moment. Sometimes I get busy with daily tasks, or try to think ahead too much. But the happiest times are when I just sit down with my kids and play a game or read a book. A pile of laundry will always be there, but my children are growing so fast, I dont ever want to look back and wish I would have enjoyed them more. They really are my best little buddies.
3. Be as unselfish as I can. I feel the best when I am helping someone else. I also know that Chuck works really hard and he needs all the patience and love I can give. When I am paying attention to my marriage and making it my top priority, everything else falls into place. Sometimes it means asking for help too. I have a hard time telling Chuck what I need because I dont want to be a burden, but communicating is the most important thing.
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
New Years Goals
Posted by The Skinners at 12:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
good goals, I think everyone could relate to these... I know I can. Good luck and thanks for the inspiration! Happy new year!
Those are some good goals. When we are closer to the lord we are stronger and better for it! What a blessing it will be in your life. Cody and I have been trying to read the scriptures everyday for the last six months. Cody has been so much better at this then I have, and it has really been a blessing in our home. I too am trying to do better this year. Good luck! It was good talking to you the other day. Tell the family HI!
These are great goals. You're one of my hero's!
those are very good goals. i agree with reading the scriptures it does bring one closer to the lord. now about being unselfish how could you possibly improve on that one???? Happy New Year to a very special friend
That looks like a winning combination to me! Glad you guys had a great Christmas...and I love your hair...I'm so tempted to dye mine right now! And seriously do you still get shocked when you say "I live in Alaska!" That must feel surreal!
Hey! Glad Christmas was nice. It was great to see you-albeit only for a little while when you were here. kids are getting big!
Just wanted to say I like your goals and I hope that 2010 is treating you well..
Post a Comment