Thursday, April 15, 2010

Things to do on a Snowy Day

Craft #1


Give child a small ziplock baggie of fruit loops to crush up
Decorate a peice of paper with glue
Pour fruit loop crumbles on paper
Shake off excess in the sink
Now you have a work of art!


Craft #2

Get a gallon sized ziplock bag
Place a peice of paper inside
Get a sponge and cut it in squares and dampen a little
Put different colored paint on each sponge
toss them into the bag and zip up
Let the kids shake it around
Bring out creation and let dry.... NO MESS is the best part
Craft #3

Get two small paper cups and cut out bottom
Wrap each one up in aluminum foil
staple together
Now you have homemade binoculars
It snowed tons here yesterday and while being very mad at the non stop winter.... I decided to have a Craft morning with the kids. These are so simple but the kids had so much fun. Cole kept saying "lets do another craft!" So now we are getting dressed in all our snow clothes and taking our binoculars out for a nature walk. BRRRRR!

13 comments:

Em said...

SOOOO sorry about the snow! But you are doing such a great job of enjoying your kids anyway!

heidi said...

what fun craft ideas.
i might have to use these this weekend when daniels neices and nephews come to visit.
you are such a good mom!

Brittney said...

snow!! no fun!! Thanks for the ideas!!

Anonymous said...

fun way to spend a snowy cold day! very creative craft ideas! I bet ali and cole loved them!!!!!!

Robyn said...

I'll never forget the day Cole asked me if I had any crafts!!! You get mother of the year!

Robyn said...

I'll never the day you were at my house and Cole asked me if I had any crafts! You get mother of the year!

Grammy said...

How creative! Enjoy these precious moments. Pretty soon it won't be so easy to entertain them. I have no clue what to do when my 16-year-old says "I'm so bored!" When they are that age, you just can't be the entertainment chairman.

linds said...

You're so creative!! You're such a cute mom, those are great ideas :)

E n D said...

Great ideas! I'll have to use them someday :) That stinks you are still dealing with snow. Of course, we had snow here on Easter. But it's warm now. I hope it stays warm!

E n D said...

Oh, I forgot to say congrats on the baby boy! That's so exciting!

Kori said...

I am so impressed with your craftiness! I'm sure the kids loved it. I may have to copy!

Congrats about Cole's baby! The boy-girl-boy pattern has sure been fun for us!

Cathie said...

You really are such a great mom! How fun and patient you are! YAY for your baby BOY! I like boys!

Michelle C said...

Look at you you little crafty Mom! Too cute.