Thursday, February 25, 2010

A day of PLAY






Today I decided to dedicate the WHOLE day to Cole and Ali. I try to everyday of course... but I really wanted to just play with them. So we woke up and had pancakes, then I made a treasure hunt around the house and drew pictures of where the next clue was hiding... leading to a peice of candy for our treasure. Then Cole made one for me and his scribbles on paper were my clues. It was cute. Then we played in the snow and watched movies. It was fun to take a day off of normal mom stuff. No errands, no cleaning, nothing but the kids. I need to do this more often!

13 comments:

Em said...

Brilliant! I'm planning a treasure hunt post haste!

Brittney said...

Thats adorable!! Its alot more relaxing when you just have a play day!!

Stephanie said...

how fun for you and cole and ali you are a good mom

Anonymous said...

what a fun idea, i bet they LOVED the treasure hunt! and how cute that cole made one for you.

BTW you look gorgeous!

Unknown said...

I need to do that more often too- thanks for the reminder. Cooper has that same outfit Cole is wearing. You look beautiful as always!

Mandy said...

First of all, you are absolutely stunning... second of all- you are the best mom ever.

Angela Cloyd said...

Lindsey you are so pretty! What a gorgeous mommy you are!

Krystal said...

That is the best way to spend a day! You can never have too many of those kind of days. What a good mommy you are. It's sad to think how fast they grow. Thats why days like that make all the difference. What a fun idea for a treasure hunt. Most of the time we are just animals at our house. Trey and KJ love that. So cute! Those are the days that matter the most. How fun!

Grammy said...

That is totally my favorite kind of day. I have always loved just being a mom. You are wise to spend that time with your little ones. They grow up really fast!

Kendal and Alissa said...

What a cute picture of you and your kids! You look so good with dark hair. It sounds like you had a great day.

Nikki said...

What a fun mom! I need to do more days like this too. I feel like I'm always telling you this but your hair looks so good! You can just do anything and you look amazing!

Anonymous said...

yay you posted a count down of your baby #3 now i will always know where we are from one another in our pregnancy's!!!

K-Krew said...

What a good idea! I need to make more time for play days too. And I love your hair - it looks great.